Saturday, January 7, 2012

Anticipating the Crash!


Yeah!  Paleo challenge begins on Jan 14.  In order to get ready, I need to get rid of all of the temptation in the house.  Which means, I'm now carb loading for no apparent reason.  I'm binge eating junk food, because I'm anticipating NOT being able to eat it.  Salad after workout for dinner?  Mmmm, no, I'll take that pizza.  Grilled chicken lunch?  I'll have cheesey, pasta w/ veggies.  

Which means, I will probs have a horrible, HORRIBLE sugar crash the first week of the challenge.  Hopefully, I can eat all of my breaded chicken & fish, pasta & cheese before the challenge begins. 
Here's a list of foods that will be hard to give up:
  • Cheese
  • Cream in my coffee
  • bread
  • tortillas
  • pasta
  • potatoes (mainly mashed)
  • Butter for cooking
  • sweets
  • post workout protein drinks
I'm sure the list is much longer, but that's what I'm anticipating sucking the most.  However, I'm going to attempt to follow strictly.  My normal life will definitely introduce items high on my F off list, but not for the challenge.  This is a Paleo experiment & I want the full effect of the lifestyle.  The exception I'll make will be normal meat, I mean I want to be able to afford to eat!  

Bring on the carb crash hangover! 


No comments:

Post a Comment