Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I can has paleo & awesome friends

I tried to come up with some sort of funny intro, or funny picture, to open with.  But I'm super tired from my WOD and food coma, so I thought this was appropriate.  I had my last cheeseburger before the Paleo Challenge begins.  

I've been anticipating many challenges for the paleo challenge.  The worst I fear: being unprepared, being too ignorant (I've been reading labels on everything this week! especially after seeing that there was sugar in the bacon I bought most recently- Oops!), and what I've read is the worst: staying accountable especially in social settings.  
We're having Team Pretty Tough Mudder training this weekend, including a sleepover and planning meeting. I was a little nervous, because not all of the team is going paleo, that I would be tempted (and fail) on the first weekend.  But instead, my friends are awesome.  They've committed to a paleo breakfast (including an almond milk latte) and post workout lunch.  Super awesome.  

I've also done some grocery store recon.  Which is fun too.  My plan is to shop on Friday so that there's food in my house to come home to on Saturday, and then complete my shopping excursion Sunday at Farmer's Market.  Sunday, we're kicking off the challenge with a paleo pot luck, then' I'll be left to my own demise.  Luckily, I've now read about meal planning, found some recipe blogs (hooray for nomnompaleo) and figured that there are things I would normally eat that can be slightly altered (hopefully my husband will be happy with paleo chile verde).

So even though my I can haz cheezeberger days are limited, at least I know that there are a bunch of other Pretty bitches who will help me stay on track this month!

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment