Saturday, January 7, 2012

WTF?!? Me? Do Paleo?



If you know me, you know that I don't really give a shit about food.  Food is delicious.  Food is fuel.  Splurge every once in awhile!  If you work out enough, it doesn't matter how much or what you eat. Within reason of course.  I've moved more toward natural or 'real' food and away from things that will last in the cupboard longer than my lifetime.  I've even recently moved towards an attitude of 'eat carbs when you need them' attitude to see what protein would do as my exercise routine moved more towards weight/strength training from cardio/endurance.  But, notice the words there to see what protein would do.  (I'm a scientist so experiments are interesting to me:)

So when my friend KK asked if I wanted to do the Paleo Challenge with her Crossfit Gym (crossfit pacific coast) my initial reaction was to laugh out loud.  Yeah, right! Me drastically limit my food diversity?  HaHaHaHaHa!  But, I'm also really bad at peer pressure, so after some reading and major pressure, I've decided to give it a shot.  Of course, I consulted with my husband.  He of course rejected the idea (he makes me look like a diet crazy person already!) Don't worry, I convinced him that its a good idea because we'll be eating mainly delicious meat every night, and that he doesn't have to follow the diet, just support me.

What made me really decide to do this Paleo Challenge? Well, I'm introducing myself to Crossfit as well (at Santa Barbara Cross Fit), so I think this will be the best time to see some awesome results in my body (double experiment time yay!).  I've been injured for almost 4 months I haven't been able to play roller derby due to an injury that is JUST INFLAMMATION! If this diet will help get rid of inflammation, it should help me heal. And lastly, I'm working on healthy drinking patterns, so the challenge falls in the time range of no alcohol anyways, so it's one less major sacrafice.

Follow my paleo journey here!

No comments:

Post a Comment